Friday, 3 April 2009

Late March on the Manso










As I mentioned in my last post, the fishing really seemed to slow down in March, possibly due to high temperatures and the migration of fish into the cooler, deeper waters of the lakes that feed them. Such things don't always matter that much, especially when you're fishing a river as staggeringly beautiful and perfect as the Manso. It has to be seen to be believed! Myself, Juan and Rich bushwhacked through some serious undergrowth to find these amazing sections of the river, full of riffles, pools and pocketwater. Late on we fished Lago Mascardi, where I had the luck to catch a rainbow, a brookie and a brown all within the space of 15 minutes! The rainbows from Mascardi are incredibly silvery and fat, and they fought like stink.
The Rio Manso reminded me very much of the rivers of Parque National los Alerces - probably the most beautiful of all the rivers I have fished.
Hopefully these pictures and this blog will serve as some kind of homage - a love letter even - to the most beautiful place I have ever been. Thankyou, Patagonia.

No comments: