Thursday, 19 February 2009

High Mountain Lakes










I've just returned from a two day trip up to some high mountain lakes. Along with my new friends Juan, Eli and Rich, my lumbering frame was carted up steep mountain passes by an unfortunate horse whose name escapes me. The lakes were stunning and literally teemed with trout, including some absolute lunkers. I was content to catch a couple while my companions cleared up, catching rainbows to 8lb from float tubes.
This has to be one of the most beautiful places I've visited yet and I felt lucky to be there. Apparently these lakes are seldom reached and seldom fished....what an experience!

3 comments:

Nick Carter said...

HI HO SILVER!

Tony said...

Fantastic looking places you fish, enjoyed looking through your blog .

oldsmugglerflyfishing said...

Tom, write an e-mail before you came to Mendoza. I think we can go fishing.