Saturday, 31 January 2009

This One's For the Boys!































This post is dedicated to my two erstwhile fishing partners, Dad and Carter. I know they'll be thrilled to see the photos of me with this absolute LUNKER of an Atlantic Salmon, caught at the mouth of the Rio Yelcho, as it flows out of Lago Yelcho. I was hoping to catch something like this when I set out in November, and I'll be lucky if I ever get another one like it again. When I get home I am going to enlarge a photo of the fish, and I hope to grow old looking at it and thinking back to the time I caught it. The fish was caught with 8lb line in fast, dep water. It's a miracle I landed it! The first thing I thought of once I had it on the bank was the reaction of Dad and Nick once they saw the photo. Any guesses on how big it is?




This one's for you, boys!


Oh, by the way, Lago Yelcho was lovely - I'm going to head back up in that direction tomorrow and see what I can tempt out. Surely nothing like this one........

4 comments:

Mike Duddy said...

Am gobsmacked - what a fish!!!!!!!

smashers said...

shitting crikey! I warrant you ran the local shops dry to make enough pesto & herb crust for that bad-boy.

the fisherman said...

Thats no fish.... its a space station. Good snaps son and great commentary. Mr and Mrs Bruce. :)

Nick Carter said...

god that fish looks tasty