Saturday, 31 January 2009

Alerces Revisited



































A place like Parque National Los Alerces is worthy of more than a single, fleeting trip. Here are some snaps from two return visits. For those of you wondering about the dude with the beard, that's my mate Gustavo. For those of you wondering about the lovely ladies, they're my friends from Buenos Aires, whom I spent a lovely day with in a hire car. I'm looking forward to being shown the sights of Buenos Aires with them when I return in April.
Alerces was amazing; the fishing was tough at times, but those fish I did catch were of a nice size and in really good condition. The only thing I don't like about the place are the 'tabanos', large, highly aggressive horseflies that seem to love eating me, especially at critical fishing moments. The only thing goog enough for these things is DEATH. My kill count stands at over 200! It seems strange that god felt it necessary to temper the creation of this spectacular place by adding these sodding insects to the equation!!
My 90 days are nearly up in Argentina, so I'm off to Chile now to have a look around....














No comments: